Lunes, Enero 5, 2015

Questions: "Ethics on Information Technology" ..



QUESTIONS:
1.     
       There are many ethical issues about which people hold very strong opinions—abortion, gun control, and the death penalty, to name a few. If you were a team member on a project with someone whom you knew held an opinion different from yours on one of these issues, would it affect your ability to work effectively with this person? Why or why not?
·         No, because every one of us has our own and personal opinion. This person who have different opinion than mine cannot affect my ability to work effectively with the other person because there are different issues that we differently understand on what is the issues all about and what are the ideas and thoughts of that particular issue. Each individual has different opinion and every opinion should be respected by the other members also.

You must understand and accept the opinion of your companions, partners, and your co-members so that you will come up to a good result and your work will be more effective.

2.      Identify two important life experiences that helped you define your own personal code of ethics.
·         The two important life experiences that helped me define my own personal code of ethics is first is when my parents gave me a task to manage our store and the second is when my teacher pointed me as a classroom cleaners leader.

My parents wanted me to manage our store. When I started to manage it, many customers who are very slow in pointing their needs and they always wanted me to wait and there are customers also like they are in a hurried always and sometimes I got annoyed, irritated, and angry. So I learned I got to be patience and I have to relax because if you have to hold a particular business, you just have a good communication to your costumers and every business holders should have virtue.

My Teacher pointed me as a president of the classroom cleaners. In that case, it helps me to be responsible, it helps me develop on how to be responsible in life or responsible in every doings and it helps me to build my leadership skills.

3.      Do you think that the importance of ethical behavior in business is increasing or decreasing? Defend your position.
·         Increasing, because in every business, the very important of a business workers is to have an ethical behavior which is the workers can have a good communication to the business owner, other business workers and also to the client of a particular company or business.

A business worker having an ethical behavior is more successful than the business worker who don’t have ethical behavior. 

4.      Do you believe that an organization should be able to escape criminal liability for the acts of its employees if it has acted as a responsible corporate citizen, making strong efforts to prevent and detect misconduct in the workplace? Why or why not?
·         Yes, because if the organization will not escape the criminal liability, the organization will be more difficult and complicated.

5.       Is it possible for an employee to be successful in the workplace without acting ethically?
·         Not Possible, because every employee should have ethical behavior so that they become successful.

6.      Should software piracy within the boundaries of third-world countries be tolerated to allow those countries an opportunity to move into the information age?
·         Nowadays, there are many issues about the software piracy. On our generation, it is very possible that the software piracy within the boundaries of third world country will be tolerated to allow those countries an opportunity to move into the information age and every country has a right to be innovative.

7.      Is ethics training really just a waste of time that will not change the behavior of
Employees?
·         No, ethics training is not a waste of time because, every employee should be trained for them to change their unethical behavior.


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento